You all know me as a lovely dark brunette, and I love my color always have. Never once have I been jealous of any other color, but age is starting to play a factor and it is not playing nice. This aging thing is not leaving my hair color alone, oh no it has to replace it with a gray white color. Yeah, I have been coloring those impostors back to my lovely dark brunette only for them to make their timely entrance within a couple weeks, and I try not to pay too much attention, but by the three and a half week mark I am haunted by a silvery halo between my scalp and my lovely dark brunette locks (those pesky gray hairs - UGH!).
So now I am turning the tables baby, I am going blond, very blond! With the help of my extremely talented aunt Karen, The Hairstylist to the Stars (OK, maybe not the the Stars, but she should be!) Take that hair color stealers! Yep, you heard me I have been in the process of going blond. I have to do this in phases for many reasons.
1. I am very used to and fond of my dark locks, I have had them my whole life.
2. My dark hair complements my skin beautifully.
3. I don't really have to wear make-up because of the combination.
4. I have not known any other hair color to grace my head except for some highlights of various colors, but no all over hair color change.
5. I have never felt a need to make a change (of course, I have never had to deal with hair colors stealers before either).
6. I always thought I would age gracefully, and not wish to cover it up (so much for that!).
Of course, things have changed thanks to the color stealers.
The thing I am grateful for is, it is only the color stealers I have to turn the tables on, the prune makers have not made an entrance yet. I sincerely hope they hold off for the next twenty to fifty years or so- please GOD keep them away, far far away!
So any way, I am posting some pictures below. For your reference point you have my picture to the left to compare with, that was done by my wonderful photographer friends at Life Moments Photography, Heather and Ashley. Thanks again ladies!
Here we go!

A last kiss for my hubby with me as a true brunette with some highlights (Phase 1)

Here I am at a wedding (Phase 2)

Me thinking, am I making the right choice???? (Oh, don't be silly...I know I am!) (Phase 3) (taken by Tiger Lili)
I am enjoying my choice so far, and so is my man. He has a new nickname for me, 'Blondie' (original, yeah I know). I still can get away without make up just fine, just fine. Ooh, that makes me so happy!
I will post another picture of me in the final phase of completion in about a month.
So what do yo think so far?

How fun! Do you feel like a different person? I colored my grays for a short time and then decided they are who I am and let the color grow back in. I do think color is fun though. Enjoy yours.
ReplyDeleteI am enjoying my new color, I will probably keep it for at least a year since it took so long to get me here. However, I miss my color way too much.
ReplyDeleteI do love that men go out of their way to open doors for me (even when my hands are empty!), and how I don't have to wait to dance, they are asking me left and right. Things like this I will miss when I go back to my color. So sad it has to be that way. ;(
Thanks Cathy! Maybe when I am 60, well...maybe 70 or so I will go natural, as for now I am too vain. LOL!