Friday, July 9, 2010

Yum, cardboard

For many months now I have not eaten cereal because it is mainly grain and I have learned that grains are best left alone when it comes to my digestive system. When I ate cereal once upon a time, I always regarded it with as much enthusiasm and I do professional sports, I can take it or leave it and if there is something else available I will take that, thank-you.
Well, this morning I woke up starving (recovering from surgery can do strange things to a person) and I quickly opted for a small bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch with a bit of milk, not too much because I didn't want the milk to wash the cinnamon and sugar off the squares of cereal. Do you know, from the first bite all I could think of was "Yum, cardboard." I couldn't even finish the small amount I had. I drank a big glass of water and waited for my husband to make me some yummy free-range eggs straight from a local farm. Ah! So much better, so much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gimme Your Two Cents, You Know You Want To...

Related Posts with Thumbnails