A Post Argument World
2 months ago
Just my place to record whatever, whenever of what I have encountered for the day, or thought of and not to mention what I have experienced. I just love tucking away somewhere special all the funny, strange, awestruck thoughts and words I think of or hear from someone else. Especially, my children's! A special place to cherish all my goodies in my collection. It is also a place for my husband to impart his wisdom, and for us to share.
DeanO, it never really clicked for me until I got much older and wasn't pressured. As my children go along and learn, I relearn with them and this time around it is soooo much more enjoyable.
ReplyDeleteUnfortunately, we were introduced to math out of context at way too young of an age to grasp. It benefits to wait and let children learn math in context and then later in life introduce them to the more advanced stuff and you can even take it out of context then and they still get it. It is amazing! I have read articles about 16 year olds who never experienced math out of context, they decided they wanted to take a test for scholarships to enter their field of study they desired and had a excellent math teacher show them everything they needed to know about math in context as well as what it looked like out of context (for the tests) and from beginning math to advanced in as little as 2 weeks! They passed their tests and received scholarships. It is amazing what can happen if we let the learning that needs to be done in context happen and wait to introduce it out of context when their brains are ready. I wish the schools of today would take note, our kiddos would be honored, the teachers too and the Country.
Here is an awesome "school" (this school is more like a place of guidance and nourishing for the kids and their minds attending to the whole person- not really like we think of school, but more as a school should be).
I hope to open a place like this one day in the near future.
http://www.sudval.org
Thanks for stopping by!