Monday, September 15, 2008

URGENT: Protect Our Children Now

PASS THIS ON...(you have my permission to copy and paste this into an email or whatever to get the word out, thanks)!
Today I tuned into the Oprah show because she was discussing a topic I consider very important. I have two young children, and the thought of anyone hurting them, and passing it around the internet to show it off as if it was some kind of trophy sickens me to the core. The topic today was about internet predators, sexual predators, and pedophiles. I decided to watch because Oprah said there was something we could do.
There is a bill that is going to be presented on the senate floor this month that needs to be passed. The bill is titled Protect Our Children Act S.B. 1738. Although, I do feel that this is something that the states should be in charge of. Unfortunately, our government is not conducive to that right now so, I will take it as I can get it on the federal level when it comes to this law...hopefully, it will trickle down to every state as well. Our children are too precious and vulnerable to wait on this bill. The cost is high, approx. $1 Billion but, I believe the cost will be higher to us and our children if we do not get this bill passed even if it is on the federal level. This will allott monies to our police to man up their numbers, and better their software for catching and monitoring these dangerous criminals, and in turn allowing for a better catch(criminals) and save(children) rate. Approximately only 2% of these criminals were caught last year.
I am posting the link on Oprah's website to sign the petition, and prompt you to call your senators personally to put the pressure on! The senate will be recessing on September 26th and we simply have to get the bill passed before that happens. It is just too important.
The link will also explain the bill to you better than I can. You can also look the bill up on the government websites. The bill is S.B 1738 Protect Our Children Act, please refer to this bill when calling your senators.
Here is the link;
http://www.oprah.com/article/oprahshow/20080911_tows_predators

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gimme Your Two Cents, You Know You Want To...

Related Posts with Thumbnails