As you know I have before asked you to petition our senators and congressmen/women to protect our children. I am asking you again. We did a phenomenal job the last time, and I believe we can do it again. This time it is in regards to Adam's Act. This was put into play because of what happened to Adam Walsh the son of John Walsh of America's Most Wanted.
I posted a link to the letter you can use for your senators and congress persons. This was set up via Oprah.com and all you have to do is click on the title of this post to get there.
Here is some of what you will find there (what Adam's Act is about);
The Adam Walsh Child Protection and Safety Act was passed on July 25, 2006—20 years after Adam Walsh's abduction. The act established a National Sex Offender Registry law, but recent news reports reveal most states will not be in compliance with the law by the upcoming July 2009 deadline.
Act Now!
It's time to bail out our kids. Make your voice heard by imploring your senators and state representatives to comply with Adam's law and give it full funding.
So let's saddle up and do it again! Be an active citizen and help protect our children, our future! Let's remind the government what our priorities should be and the top one should be the protection of our children!
A Post Argument World
2 months ago

Won't somebody please think of the children!
ReplyDeleteI saw the countdown on your "unschooling journey" at the bottom of your page. Does that refer to the educational philosophy of John Holt? After five years, how is it going? Our own unschooling journey is only about 2 years old (unless you count the time before the kids were old enough for school), but I'd have to say it's a smashing success!
ReplyDeleteSeda,
ReplyDeleteYes, it is in regards to his philosophy. I do have a few more boundaries for my children than some unschooling families have. I would not say we are radical unschoolers, just plain 'ol unschoolers. I let my kids learn what they are interested in and exactly how much of it they wish to. We do not have a set curriculum by any means, and I do find my children are keeping up just fine with their schooled peers. Yes, the countdown is from when my son was 2, and i guess i really could''ve started it from the day he was born in all honesty, LOL. If you stop and think about it, we guide our children from day one, but they are the ones that must decide what they are ready to learn how and when. We just give them lots of ideas, and they put them to use if and when they are ready. I do agree, it is a smashing success! Thanks so much for stopping by and I do hope you become a regular visitor! To unschooling!!!! (Cheers!)
Thanks for pointing this out Joie. I'll see if I can get a link on my blog to yours and your excellent info.
ReplyDelete