Saturday, February 6, 2010

So Sad, So Unnecessary...

So have you heard about these recent incidents in the public schools, that would never put our children in harms way?

Discovery Middle School Shooting

or this one

NYC Student, 12, Arrested for Doodling

how about this one

Student Nearly Suspended Over LEGO-sized Gun

Now granted, this last one might not seem that big of a deal and doesn't seem to go with the others. However, I disagree. You see I am bringing these to light because everyone lately seems to be crying about the potential abusesituations that homeschooling can provide. Although, extremely rare and there is about 2 million homeschoolers in the USA. Yet, public schools are touted as the best for our children even with these daily abuses even multiple abuses in one day happening. Oh no, they are no big deal. Definitely no physical abuse going on in our schools - like being shot in the head, or handcuffed for something we have all done in our life time as a kid as well. Definitely no emotional traumas happening in the public schools like - like witnessing your classmate being shot in the head and later learning he died, or like being detained in a jail cell for hours for doodling on a desk, or being humiliated by your elders for bringing a 2 inch LEGO gun and police officer to school to play with during lunch.

I do feel the top story is the most horrific of course, there was loss of a life and life is so precious. I am praying for the boys family, and I am actually praying for the other boy and his family too. I am praying that the shooter feels remorse and true repentance in his heart. I am praying that the family of the boy that was shot and killed will eventually come to have peace in their hearts and will be able to forgive the shooter and his family. I am also hoping that somewhere in there the students of the school will see how valuable life is, since the school didn't seem to think it was a big deal and just made the kids go on for the day as usual.

The other two stories are just ridiculous and unnecessary, because if the school officials had any common sense that would've been used and we wouldn't have two of these news stories. Now I also ask, how is a child to learn common sense and exercise it if no one in authority in the schools can? I mean, they have your kids for at least 8 hours a day, sometimes longer if your kiddos are involved in extra-curricular activities through the schools, five days a week (once again sometimes more). Not to mention they do everything they can to separate your children from you and break the family ties.

If this is not abuse...

3 comments:

  1. Hey Stephanie,
    I don't recall this story about the 4 yr old with the long hair! That is CRAZY!!! So you have the link? I will try to find it.

    They are morons, because they are successful specimens of the system, perfect examples unfortunately for their children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to Catholic school for 9 years. Funny, but I don't remember any religious indoctrination.

    I finished at a public high school. In an honors English class we were reading Mourning Becomes Electra. At the conclusion of the book my classmates suggested we hold a "trial" for Lavinia. "Trials" for fictional characters must've been something they did at the public junior high. The teachers appointed me prosecutor.

    Lavinia was DEAD at the end of the book, so my only concept of how to put a dead person on trial was in Heaven. So I charged her with various sins.

    The other kids laughed at my silly idea and the teachers tried to change the topic off of religion. We can't have religious discussion in a public school!

    So the teachers allowed a kid to be ridiculed because of his religious beliefs in the name of separation of church and state. And I wasn't even the "religious type". The teachers surrendered control of their classroom to the whims of the student and I was the casualty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nick-
    Thanks for another example of how the school's cause harm to the kiddos. I am sorry that you had to be the casualty in this example.
    So I am curious...If or when you have children, will you be sending them to school or allow them to freely learn and spare them the unnecessary garbage? I always love to hear what the parents or parents to be of this day are going to do or not do for their children and their learning.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Gimme Your Two Cents, You Know You Want To...

Related Posts with Thumbnails