Recently my daughter has taken an interest in going with me on Sundays to my Ballroom/Latin dancing night. I have been bringing her with me, and we both enjoy it very much. I dance with her a bit and so do some of my friends. She is enjoying the experience and I am sure she is on her way to really learning the dances, I am thinking next year she will be ready. Right now she is content to walk around the floor, do spins and dips. She is too cute!
Anyways, last Sunday while I was dancing with my daughter having a great time and she was smiling ear to ear, a man comes up to me and and asks, "You wanna dance with a dude instead of a little girl?" (he was serious!) I said, "Maybe another song, right now I am dancing with her and I intend to finish the song with her, thanks."
A couple songs later I asked him if he was ready to dance, it was the "Swing Mixer," that way I wasn't stuck with him for a whole song if I decided I'd rather not dance with him. He replies, "I don't know how to swing." I ask, "Well, what can you do?" He mentioned Cha-cha, and Cha-cha we started. While dancing he says, "I can't believe you turned me down for a 6 yr. old girl." (WTH!?!?!?!?!!!! Is he serious? Yeah, he was serious. I don't even know this guy! AND, and he was holding my lead hand and trying to rest it on his chest while saying this crap!) So I said, "Of course I turned you down for her, she is my daughter. Besides, last time I checked you are not my husband and this dance is over. I just couldn't believe the nerve. I truly thought I was going to get an apology for his rude interruption while I was dancing with my daughter. I can't believe he thought he was all that, and that he would be more important to me than my own daughter! As I watched through the night, I noticed he hardly danced with anyone which leads me to believe he must have burnt some bridges in the past. Just a guess. Ahh, there always has to be 1 or 2 of them out there.
In a couple weeks my daughter and I will be back to dancing the night away again, just a bit wiser. Hmphf!
A Post Argument World
2 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment
Gimme Your Two Cents, You Know You Want To...