We're sure not making 'em like we used to -- and now, our birth rate has reached a dramatic new low, falling 2.6 percent to 13.5 live births for every 1,000 people last year, according to alarming new numbers from the National Center for Health Statistics.
That's the second straight year of decline and the lowest rate in recorded U.S. history.
"Experts" blame the recession, but that's just a small part of the picture -- because we haven't exactly been squeezing out babies with vigor for decades now. In fact, our birth rate is now nearly half of what it was in the mid-1950s, when it peaked at 25.3 live births per 1,000 people.
By the end of the so-called baby boom in 1964, we had 21.4 live births per 1,000 people... which then slipped down to 18.4 per 1,000 in 1970, and 14.7 by 2000.
The so-called experts say they expect birth rates to "recover" in a couple of years with the economy and who knows -- maybe it'll briefly swing up a point or so. But the long-term numbers are all aimed in one direction: Down, down and down -- and this form of downsizing has zippo to do with the economy.
With sperm counts down 50 percent over 50 years, more men are shooting blanks than ever before. In another 50, men who can still produce might be treated like prized bulls, with people bringing their women from miles around for mating sessions. The mainstream might act like this is some big puzzle -- if they even acknowledge it at all -- but there's no mystery here. All you need to do is look at the one thing we all share: Our water.
It's loaded with chemicals, drugs and enough sex-change hormones that male frogs and fish are spontaneously turning into females. It's tainted beyond repair, and not necessarily by accident.
Far-fetched conspiracy theory? I thought so too... until I did some digging. I blew the lid off this scandal in a special report, and if you subscribe to The Douglass Report now you can read all about it in my archives. And even if you don't, protect yourself and your family by installing a reverse-osmosis filter on your home."
-William Campbell Douglass II, M.D
So Dr. Douglass attributes the plummeting rates to our tap water. I agree it does have a lot to do with reproductive issues. However, I believe he left out a very important point, and that point is abortion.
As of last year there were approximately 1,200,000+ (per year) abortions according to the CDC and Planned Parenthood.
I did notice those numbers are down from 1990 when abortions were at a rate of 1,600,000+ for that year.
One baby is aborted every 26 seconds.
137 babies are aborted every hour.
3,304 babies are aborted every day.
23,196 babies are aborted every week.
100,516 babies are aborted every month.
I would have to say that puts a pretty BIG dent in the potential live births per year and definitely contributes to the birth rate plunge as well.

Joie, we'd like to invite you to become one of our Authors in Alexandria.
ReplyDeleteYou may mirror your existing posts from here or elsewhere or produce original posts there, on anything you wish, as you desire. For your contributions and participation we will blogroll you with no reciprocation required. See our Guidelines for Authors for full details.
Come contribute your perspectives and opinions to the ongoing conversations there or, even better, start some new - and different - ones of your own. Contact us through the site for full invitations and instructions.
HMS,
ReplyDeleteThank-you very much for the invitation, your's is the first I have received. I will check Alexandria out and see if it is something I feel I can do.
May I ask, what about my blog content was of interest to you? I am all over the place so I am just curious if there was anything particular that caught your eye?
Once again, thank you for the invite to contribute to your blog. I will be in contact shortly.
Peace,
Joie
My good Joie,
ReplyDeleteIf I did not think you could contribute one post per month, mirrored from here or original, I would not have invited you.
As a matter of policy I prefer to discuss matters personal to individual Authors by email.
If and when we converse further, I shall be happy to discuss the several elements that caught my eye.
Lower birth rates are a natural outcome of higher standards of living. It takes far more resourses to raise a child to be a doctor, engineer, or scientist. It takes more resourses even to raise a child to be a carpenter, plumber, or electrician. If you expect your kids to be something like this, then you plan for it (and save resources by having fewer children). Also, if you already are a doctor, plumber or electrician, then you already have a higher standard of living, and you obviously let your kids live at that save higher level (TVs, Playstations, cell phones, cars, etc.).
ReplyDeleteThe solution to any population bomb, is to raise the standard of living.
HMS,
ReplyDeleteOK, bring on the email. I went on your site and didn't find an email link for you. I am very tired though and my eyes and mind don't work as well then. Such as life. But if you could help me out, that would be wonderful.
With that said, I am interested in your offer and would like to accept.
Thank-you!
Cheers,
Joie