So today is the day after Halloween, and I have something cute I need to tuck away. We have a sweet little dog with quite a personality. We have had him for almost seven years, and in those seven years we have been through a lot. We even tried to to get him a sister, but that DID NOT work out...she was mean to our beloved Diego. Also, yes Diego is older than the fun little character Diego from Go Diego Go! that my children love. Actually, we wanted a name that was unique in the dog eat dog world. I think we succeeded except, it is so popular elsewhere. Not only that, but we apparently named our Diego after my husband's father- just in Spanish. Yeah, hubby's dad's name is James. Good thing hubby's dad loves our Diego so very much, and makes our Diego feel like 'King of the World.' So much so, that our Diego thinks he can have whatever he wants, even things that will kill any other "normal" dog, and in whatever amount he wants...as long as the family is not home. Well, when he was about two or three this is when he decided all of this. Here we are back then, at Christmas Time and I had put a little dish of Belgian chocolates mixed with some Hershey's kisses on our dining table. We left and apparently we also left a chair not pushed in all the way. Well, guess who decided he wanted some chocolate yummies. MmmHmmm, that's right our beloved, 'King of the World' Diego. He climbed right up there and ate the chocolate, not all of it though. No...he apparently has a very sophisticated palate, when it comes to chocolate. He ate EVERY. SINGLE. BELGIAN. CHOCOLATE. He did not touch one of the Hershey's, other than to probably get it out the way of the good chocolate. You know, he did not even get sick despite him having probably a dozen thick squares of the Belgian chocolates and the wrappers. Amazing!
Now we are back to present day, and he strikes again! This time my sweet girl had her Halloween goodies out and was going over her loot. She was placed so nicely on the floor by my desk, which is also near where our beloved Diego loves to hang out (under my desk). She cleans up all of her loot, save for one lonely (not so lonely really) Tootsie Pop, unbeknown st to her. All is well. So I am getting ready to check some stuff on my computer, and I look down. I see a left over sucker stick, and Diego. I did not put it together right away. You see while Lili was looking over her loot and had it displayed on the floor so nicely, our Diego was finishing up his grooming session (bath) with my hubby. Well, I asked Lili why there was a sucker stick that was clearly meant for the garbage can on my floor?...she looked at me like I was CRAZY. So upon closer examination, you know what I find? MmmHmmm, Diego strikes again. He was under my desk with Tootsie Pop pieces all over his freshly bathed paws, and the wrapper to the sucker between his paws, with no tootsie part to be found. With his big expressive eyes and tilted head looking at me as if saying, "what mom? I deserved this, you know I love chocolate, sure the good chocolate, but that little girl was teasing me...she had it all laid out on the floor by my spot, like she wanted me to have it. She was practically giving it to me. I only ate the chocolate tootsie part! I even left the wrapper this time! I am such a good boy all the time, don't I deserve just a bit once every few years? It sure was good mom, I'm sorry about my newly bathed paws...but it was sooooo goooood!" What can I say to ALL. OF. THAT.?!?! Gotta love him, he is our beloved Diego 'King of the World.'
Our Thief, Our Beloved Diego
That was great, don't you just love dogs
ReplyDeletethanks. so love 'em, just one at a time tough, LOL!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh. He is so cute!
ReplyDelete