Monday, April 27, 2009

Dog Sitting and The Belles

I have been recruited to dog sit for Lili today. Yes, those dogs in the picture. And guess what? They are both named Lucy. Why am I dog sitting these very high maintenance plush pups? (oh yes, they do bark and they need to be walked.) Apparently, Lili is now all grown up and is taking her little girl Belle with her to the adoption agency to adopt a new sister for her. Before she entrusted me with her dogs, she left me instructions.

1. The dogs need to stay on their leashes all the time, because they like to run away.
(They must take after my in law's dog, lately he has taken to running away now that he is 15 years old, blind and deaf. Poor little guy.)

2. The dogs will bark when they need to go for their walk.
(She demonstrated this for me.)

3. AND, and when they have to go to the bathroom (mmmhmm), I have to hold them over a baggie.
(Oh Lordy, I am sooo glad they are plush pups!)

So those were my instructions.

Did I tell you that both dogs are named Lucy, and that they are mother and daughter? Yeah, little Lucy must take after her dad (who is dead by the way- yep, I asked).


So a bit later she returns with Belle and Belle, the new baby she adopted. Now get this, they are twins! Figure that one out for yourself (I didn't ask).

She picked up the dogs and stuffed them in her pink bag where Belle (not the adopted one) is already, and carries the other Belle on her shoulders. Then whips out her back pack for her baby, sticks Belle in it (the adopted one) and heads off to work with her BlackBerry in hand.

Oh boy! All this just 3 days before she turns 5....the girl is a go getter!

Meanwhile, Marco has managed to stay out of the whole thing by playing Batman The Brave and The Bold.



"Play is the highest form of research."- Albert Einstein

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gimme Your Two Cents, You Know You Want To...

Related Posts with Thumbnails