How exciting! I was just on a blog and read a blurb about how this lady was reunited with a long lost friend who was an exchange student that stayed at her home when she was a kid, on Facebook. This is exciting to me because I have been looking for a few years now, for one of the exchange students my family hosted when I was sixteen. She was a fabulous girl (and still is, I am sure), we became so close for the six weeks that she spent with us we considered ourselves "sisters." We spent many nights into the wee hours of the morning talking and laughing. We went camping with my huge family, and we spent time at a cabin with some more of my family, we went boating, hung out with friends, went to events with other exchange students, we went and saw the movie 'A League Of Their Own.' That is still a movie favorite for me, probably because of all the memories of Audrey it brings up.
Her name is Audrey Steffan, she reigns from Madrid, Spain (although her family considered themselves from Catalonia). She is now about 31 years old and maybe still has brown wavy hair, definitely still has brown eyes and a petite bone structure. She had a love for ballet, maybe she still does(?), and last I knew she was going to school to study hospitality and hotel management (fifteen years ago!). She speaks both Spanish and English (she learned her English while living in England for over a decade), and she possibly speaks french now too. We used to keep in touch very well, and then not so much (for what reason I do not recall). I wish we never lost contact, because I have so much to tell her and I just miss her terribly. She had a personality that lit up a room, and everyone benefited from knowing her. You never left her presence without a smile across your face that danced into your eyes. My life was definitely enriched from the time I spent with her, and I wish to have it enriched again, and bring some laughter into her life again.
I have been searching for her, and sending letters to her address that I have for her (which is an old one from about fifteen years ago) and nothing so far. Her father worked for a car company in Spain that sounded a lot like Porsche (but it was not Porsche). Anyway, I am hoping God puts her in my path in someway, someday soon!
I have renewed hope thanks to that little blog post I found today. I hope to get my reunion soon too!
A Post Argument World
2 months ago

Wow! That would be sooo amazing if you found her on Facebook eventually! I bet you do:)
ReplyDeleteI will be praying for you to find her, according to God's will. I know how it can be to lose a good friend. Usually though, I lost friends because our lives had changed so much that we just couldn't seem to find anything in common anymore. I pray your friendship can be renewed!
ReplyDeleteThank-you!
ReplyDelete