I heard about Chris Matthews and his skewed views on Homeschooling today while listening to Bob Dutko on WMUZ, I was not amuzed because once again here is a ignorant man putting the wrong group of people in a "box." The people in the "box" (unfortunately for them) are the poor children forced everyday to their neighborhood government school to "learn," away from all other social groups, away from the real world. I suppose you could refer to the government schools as islands like Maria Montessori has so eloquently done.
"The world of education is like an island where people, cut off from the world, are prepared for life by exclusion from it."-Maria Montessori
You can read the whole thing here on Spunky's blog.
As a matter of fact Mr. Matthews, "There is no difference between living and learning."-John Holt
A Post Argument World
2 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment
Gimme Your Two Cents, You Know You Want To...