Thursday, August 5, 2010

Body Scanners, have you heard or seen?

A word of caution: 18yrs and up on this post, is my suggestion.

"A report from October 2008, when the naked body scanners were first being introduced at Melbourne Airport in Australia, detailed how the X-ray backscatter devices don’t work properly unless the genitals of people going through them are visible.

“It will show the private parts of people, but what we’ve decided is that we’re not going to blur those out, because it severely limits the detection capabilities,” said Office of Transport Security manager Cheryl Johnson.

“It is possible to see genitals and breasts while they’re going through the machine,” she admitted.

TV news reports have been deliberately misleading viewers by blurring out faces and genitals of people in images produced by the scanners. When it comes to the real thing, your sexual organs and those of your children will be on full display to officials sat alone in back rooms, and with a simple inversion trick, your daughter’s naked body in full living high definition color will be there to be enjoyed by screeners."

Full Articles here.

Oh the joys of being PC, as you can see it actually causes more problems than it solves. Profiling does have it place in this world and if we employed it, we certainly wouldn't have to be worrying about things like this.
Anyways, I don't think my family or I will be flying anytime soon, as long we will be being subjected to this kind of tyranny. We need to forget about being PC and stop wasting our time and resources and intruding on everyone's privacy. I wonder how TSA handles this whole thing with the Muslim women and flying? I am sure there are many exceptions made for them. The irony!
We will also skip on the flying because I don't want my family or myself subjected to additional unnecessary radiation. It all builds up and stays in your body, it never leaves your body...NEVER!

I also just came across this little tid-bit on Fox News.
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10100227002806373

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gimme Your Two Cents, You Know You Want To...

Related Posts with Thumbnails