Well, we have passed the 100 day mark for our President now being in office. There have been articles about the great things he has done in his 100 days thus far, and there have been articles about the 100 things he has done wrong. I have read all of those as I am sure most you have as well. However, I believe there is an article out there that many of you have not read as of yet. It is an article titled, '100 Days of Death' by Jill Stanek.
If her name rings a bell, it is because you are aware that she is the nurse that lovingly held in her arms an aborted baby that was born alive until he/she died because there was no protection for aborted babies that were born alive. She worked for Christ Hospital in Illinois. She is also the nurse that went to the capitol to testify on behalf of the babies that survived abortion, only to be left to die after they were born anyway. After her testimony to the capitol, all of the senate voted to pass the Born Alive Act except (drum roll please) Barack Obama senator from Illinois.
Here are some interesting facts that we all need to be reminded of:
Week 3- Brian an spinal cord have begun to form, and the thyroid gland begins
to develop. Now pay special attention to this * a simple tubular heart
has formed and circulates blood!
Week 4- the heart begins to beat even though it is still early in development!
little buds are beginning to develop that will form the arms and legs.
Week 5- the basic structure of the brain and nervous system is now established, and
the eyes and ears are beginning to develop. the mouth begins to form.
blood formation begins in the embryo.
Week 7- the lungs are beginning to form. fingers begin to appear. muscles and
nerves now function, and the baby shows reflexes.
Week 8- the baby is now referred to as a fetus. the human appearance of the baby is
now unmistakable. a protruding nose and eyelids begin to form. the basic
structure of all the vital organs of the body is established.
Week 9- the eyes are essentially fully formed. the baby can open the mouth, and
the vocal chords and salivary glands are beginning to form.
Week 11- the vital organs are now functional and continue to grow. the baby can
swallow and urinate amniotic fluid.
Week 12- the brain begins to coordinate the contraction of the muscles so that the
baby can flex arms, elbows, wrists, and fingers. the baby begins to use
the facial muscles as well.
(Notice all this has occurred in the First Trimester!)
Weeks 13-17- the baby's fingerprints and sense of touch have developed. eyebrows
and eyelashes appear; and fingernails and toenails are forming. the
baby's taste buds are also developed.
Weeks 18-22- true bone begins to replace cartilage. girls will have about 6 million
developing egg cells in their ovaries. at this stage, the mother
begins to feel the baby move. by this time, the baby clearly feels
pain!
Weeks 23-26- the lungs and vertebrae column are maturing. a baby born at this
stage would have a 10-35% chance of surviving.
(Notice this is all in the Second Trimester!)
Weeks 27-31- by this time, the baby is completely formed and will continue to
develop until delivery. the baby may also recognize voices from
outside the womb.
Weeks 32-36- the baby's brain is extremely active. the pupils can dilate or
contract in response to light.
Weeks 37-40- the baby continues to prepare for delivery.
(This is the Third Trimester!)
So now knowing all of this, I hope you can see why I am anti-abortion.
Now, I have always wondered why this is not considered torture, torture to the life inside the mother?
But, the "torture" of terrorists that threaten our very life is not acceptable. I mean they admittedly are trying to kill us. I have never known a baby to admittedly be trying to kill a mother while in the womb.
Why is this not considered murder? Why is Scott Peterson being charged for a double murder if the baby inside Lacey does not have any rights?
Why can I not behave in whatever way I wish, even if it is to the detriment of another's life (no matter their age and position in life), even though I can behave that way while I am pregnant and there will be no legal consequences for me?
Why the double standard? Is it because you and I can speak for ourselves and the baby cannot so therefore, their choices are not heard?
Well, now having all that said, go check out the article by Jill Stanek (just click on my post title).
Then I have one more question. Why is it the our President says he wants to see less abortion, and yet he has done everything in his power to prove the opposite and people just nod their heads and go on as if that is not what he is doing?
Ps. I am pro-choice by the way...here's how I see it. You make the choice to when you choose to engage in the act that most likely will result in a pregnancy. It's not like you don't know this either. I believe you have no excuse since this is pounded in your head from the time you are a 5th grader, no? So, maybe you should make the choice of not engaging in the act that will result in a pregnancy. I am just not pro-choice in the way all the women and some men wish I were. Let's employ some personal responsibility and see how that works. I believe if we did that, abortions would not be needed at all.
A Post Argument World
2 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment
Gimme Your Two Cents, You Know You Want To...