Ok, today I switched on Oprah because she was showcasing some of the world's talents this year. A couple were from Eurovision that I do not get here in the US. I love to be mesmerized by people with great talents, it is one of my hobbies. They truly inspire me and remind me that not everything is doom and gloom in this world. So, I did find a few talents that I did enjoy. They made me wanna get up and dance (because that is how I move). So I went on You Tube (I love that site!) and found some clips of the great talent that I was exposed to today. Once in a great while Oprah does some great topics for her show and today's was one of them, 'The World's Got Talent.'
So this first one is a duo called Alex Swings Oskar Sings (I love Ballroom & Latin Dancing and I participate in both) This got my daughter and me up and dancing.
Then came on Signature (I loved this because I think that Michael Jackson is one of the best natural born dancers and choreographers in the world!) This is also a little East and West coming together according to one of dancers. They also have a Thriller dance as well, check it out on You Tube while you are there.
Now these girls rock! And there instruments are just too cool as well. I loved that they played the song 'Live and Let Die,' which is a favorite of mine ever since I saw a ballet solo done to it that choreographed by my brilliantly talented cousin Terri Newman (you may have heard of her as she is known around the world for her work). Ok, so here is a video of eScala!
And I wanted to post something about Jane Zhang, she has a beautiful voice and covers songs in English even though she is not a native speaker. Her language is Mandarin. Her inspiration is Mariah Carey. All the videos on You Tube do not do her justice. I wish I could get the clip of her on the Oprah show today, but I have not found it so far.
Any who, that is who I got to enjoy this afternoon and it was a delight!
Oh, and I will be going to see Afghan Star when it opens in the theaters June 26, 2009. It is a documentary that looks like it is gonna be fascinating.
A Post Argument World
2 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment
Gimme Your Two Cents, You Know You Want To...