Wednesday, October 14, 2009

WHOA!

So lately on my Feedjit Visitor Tracker I have noticed a lot of traffic to my blog form OnlineBestColleges.com, and it piqued my interest because, I do not have much to do with colleges yet. My children are too young at this point, so I don't worry about it much right now. So I was wondering about all these OnlineBestColleges.com visits, so I checked it out and to my surprise, I was on their site. WHOA! I found my blog along with a whole slew of other wonderful unschooling blogs compiled into a great list titled 50 Eye Opening Unschooling Blogs.
I was shocked, and elated...I had never even put a thought to my blog being recognized in anyway whatsoever, it is not why I started it. If you read the header of my blog you will see why I started one. So that was why I was shocked. However, in discovery of this and being put on par with some truly wonderful unschooling blogs I couldn't be more thrilled or floating any higher. So that of course is the reason I was and still am elated.
I of course will say I am a bit horrified (not in a bad way, more in the way of I am bashful and I got caught doing something good and now everyone in the class knows), but this blog was a big step for me because, I am truly more of a person who would rather share with a few close friends and let them pass on the information and so on. So therefore you can now understand the big lack of letting you completely into my life through my blog, because that is not who I am. So I just never thought my blog would have enough content on it to be considered for such a thing. But nonetheless it has, and I am flattered (I will not lie).

So my blog is number 36 (which seems to have no significance, it is quite random and goes with the category I fell under) and the little blurb from OnlineBestColleges.com goes like this, "36 Learning All The Time (Daily Experiences) other unschooling parents will appreciate the posts on this blog, which comment on all the little ideas and activities that make the natural parenting and learning philosophy great."
WOW, thanks!

My blog is in great and complimentary company with some of my favorite unschooling blogs that I follow, enjoy (even though sometimes I do not agree) and find much encouragement from them;
I am Unschooled, yes I can write.
Joyfully Rejoycing
Sandra Dodd
Memoirs of an Unschooling Teacher
Learning in Freedom
Wistful Wanderlust
The Sparkling Martins

And the other time I got a nice nod in my direction was from my economically sound blogger friend and fellow ballroom dancer Captain Capitalism,he said something like Joie is the Yin to my Yang, that made me giggle when I read that but I did not forget it. You should check him out, he is funny and he can give some good advice. He is a writer too, he is currently selling his new book, 'Behind The Housing Crash' so go check him out!

So anyway, this has been a treat of a discovery for me, and I hope you get to enjoy some of the great blogs in the list from OnlineBestColleges.com too. Many thanks to OnlineBestColleges.com for the recognition it is appreciated!

"Towering genius disdains a beaten path. It seeks regions hitherto unexplored." -Abraham Lincoln

3 comments:

  1. Wow, cool and congratulations! :) What an honor and responsibility.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right?!?!?!!! Now I feel like I should be posting more. ;o)
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Number 36 and soaring. Well done.

    ReplyDelete

Gimme Your Two Cents, You Know You Want To...

Related Posts with Thumbnails