
We made cupcakes last night. Not because the kids wanted to, because I (the mom) wanted to. I had a serious craving, like I was gonna turn into "psycho mom" if I didn't get my yummy precious gems of sugar. I am just kidding of course about the "psycho mom" thing, but the craving was overwhelming. My man was so nice to make them for me, cause if you know me at all...you know I was scouring the cupboards for any all ready made goodies (
I am not much of anything in the kitchen other than a survivor, and well I can clean it up pretty well). Thank-you babe, you're the best!!! Fast forward, and the cupcakes have been made. Let me tell you I was not the only one with the craving apparently, because I was not the only one that had a cupcake (
ok, ok, or two...without frosting, they were still warm). Mmmmm, mmmmm! Needless to say, the craving was satisfied, just wish they were chocolate. Maybe then I would've only had to have one, ah who am I kidding it still would've been two. This is why we rarely ever have this stuff in our house, if we did....I would be the one with the reality show that America watches as I lose my 400 pounds. Hear that Ruby! I would be your competition. Yeah, no worries I will not be going there. We saw her on Oprah yesterday (
who we rarely watch by the way!) and she has lost about 130 pounds. Go Ruby Go!!! For some reason my daughter is intrigued with her, ever since she has seen the advertising posters for her show. It might be the name, her hair color, her size, or her cute little doggy. Who knows, she's not giving it up. I've asked her many times what it is about Ruby she likes...she just smiles and giggles at me. I did watch DWTS while eating my two cupcakes. I only watched the first half and then I had to switch to Heroes. I did get to see my girl Cheryl Burke with her new partner. All I have to say is, "hello nurse, and he was surprisingly good on the dance floor." Ok, back to the cupcakes. The kids wanted to frost some and only some because I prefer mine without the frosting. So there are some pics below of the kids with the frosting...it was an adventure, a bit messy so the pics we're taken at the very end after some clean up.
Sorry, I was not putting my BB at risk with the frosting because I know after a little taste of that fluffy white frosting my BB will never be same again, LOL!


But without cupcakes, who will inherit the Earth?
ReplyDeleteWoW! Those pics bring back memories of my Mom, she was an awesome baker....I've tried to revive some of her recipes (a classic cookie called "the sugar strip" - has to be one of the worst things for you), but I haven't been as adventurous with cakes and cupcakes.
ReplyDeleteYours look GREAT and your kid's happy faces bears that out!
And THANKS for following my humble blog.
I notice you also follow one of my favorites - Ace of Spades!
Thanks, and I love Ace of Spades!
ReplyDelete