Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I solemnly swear

So I finished up getting ready for the day and I walk to the living room, into this;



Lili is sitting in a chair with binoculars in hand and a part of one of Jeff's books (that is not a good thing) in the other. Marco is sitting next to her on the entertainment/book center (whatever you wish to call it), with his binoculars in hand also. Lili is apparently "reading" from this book aloud, and Marco is repeating what she says.



Lili: "I, sullenly square...."



Marco: "I, sullenly square...no, not square! Swear!"



Lili: "I, sullenly square, swear to be an entomologist."



Marco: "I, sullenly swear to be an entomologist."



Lili: "And to care for, search for, and discover bugs all the days of my life until I am four score and...whatever the old guys say."



Marco: "And to care for, search for, and discover bugs, and blah, blah, blah, blah."





"Play is the highest form of research."- Albert Einstein

3 comments:

  1. I like the reference to Lincoln. It makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, it made me happy too! i "square" my kids are so funny and they will keep me laughing until "four score" and whatever the old guys say. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Precious are the two I love I square

    ReplyDelete

Gimme Your Two Cents, You Know You Want To...

Related Posts with Thumbnails